Thursday, November 10, 2005

Sometimes the Playground Revolution Begins at Home....

I am still sick, the roofers are still here, hammering outside my office window and yelling things like, 32-and-a-quarter, rip cut, followed by a loud sawing sound, and then the noise of the special machine they rev to pull things from the ground up to the roof.

But this matters less than the fact that this morning my husband woke my daughter, made her breakfast, packed her lunch, made sure her teeth and hair were brushed, and drove her to school. Usually I'm on single mom duty in the mornings, as he leaves quite early for work. This sick, highly pregnant woman was able to sleep till nine.

Later in the day I'll post another entry, about the woman who wrote to me after seeing the article about my talk in the St. Joseph's paper. But for now, I'm just enjoying the fact that I got to sleep later, something that doesn't happen often in mom-world.

No comments: