Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Moms with Cancer

A new book came in yesterday's mail: Another Morning: Voices of Truth and Hope from Mothers with Cancer.

I immediately skimmed through it and thought, I must pass this on to a dear friend who has struggled with cancer--successfully--and has a child at my daughter's school. I've known several women who have dealt with chemo and radiation and surgery, all while trying to keep the home front going, make life as calm as possible for their children, all while, I'm imagining, trying to batten down thoughts of whether they would live to see their chidlren grown up. I will pass it on to that friend,but wanted to spread the word here, too. I'm imagining that it must feel mighty isolating to go through this, so if anyone knows of someone struggling with unexpected and severe illness, pass this book on to them so they know they're not alone.

No comments: